|On April 30, 1930, the Great War Memorial Hospital dedicated an expanded nurses' residence, located in the old carriage house, on the south side of Victoria Hall. The carriage house, stables and woodshed, were all built of the same materials and style as the Hall. The age of the carriage house is not available; Victoria Hall was built in 1858, on Judge John G. Malloch's 25 acre park lot, and acquired for the hospital in 1922. The carriage house/residence was demolished in 1986, amidst some controversy; ironically there is a parking lot there now (as historian Larry Turner pointed out, Joni Mitchell once sang "They paved paradise - and put up a parking lot"!).
Thanks to Cheryl Moss, of Perth, for taking these photos.
Copyright Notice: The photos are the property of the photographer.
Please contact us for permission to use them.